PROPOSAL WRITING SERVICES GRANT PROGRAM
Michigan’s defense economy is a multi-billion dollar industry, supporting over 100,000 jobs. In 2019, thousands of federal contracts were awarded to hundreds of Michigan businesses. Michigan contracts matter—70 percent of everything a soldier shoots, drives, flies, wears, eats or communicates with, is contracted in Michigan. The Michigan Defense Center (MDC) an operation of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, is now offering the Michigan Defense Center Proposal Writing Assistance Grant to assist Michigan companies in writing a bid response to a Department of Defense (DoD) or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) contract opportunity.
Winning grant awards will subsidize services contracted through one of the MDC pre-qualified proposal-writing service firms. Based on the information provided by the applicant, MDC will determine the amount of funding offered, not to exceed 50 percent or $10,000.
- Applicant must be a Michigan-based business or a Michigan-based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization registered in the federal vendor System for Award Management (SAM) database.
- Solicitation must be in reponse to a published DoD or DHS contract opportunity including RFPs, IDIQs, and GSA schedules.
- Must provide information detailing how the grant award and subsequent contract award will induce job creation, retention or expansion within Michigan.
TO BEGIN THE GRANT PROCESS
- Applicants can coordinate with MDC and/or their PTAC prior to hiring a proposal writing firm.
- Complete the grant application, providing the solicitation number, contract award amount, agency name and proposal due date.
- To confirm eligibility of funds for the projects, MDC will respond within 48 hours.
- If approved, contract with one of MDC's pre-qualified proposal writing providers; fact sheets available upon request:
- Submit payment to vendor and MDC will release appropriated grant funds directly to vendor.
- Request and receive DoD or DHS debrief indicating either win or loss of contract award.
- Notify MDC of final outcome.